Great teamwork makes things happen more than anything else in organisations.
You want to be able to foster collaboration, build cohesive teams and resolve conflict effectively. But high performing teams don’t just ‘happen’.
Developing a team of people who work well together and harness the differing strengths and attributes of all team members, needs team leaders and managers who understand the process involved and are prepared to put effort into the things that make a real difference.
Empowering people is more about attitude and behaviour towards staff than processes and tools. Teamwork is fostered by respecting, encouraging, enthusing, caring for people, not exploiting or dictating to them.
Duration – 1 day
- Identify with different types of teams and how to define team success
- How teams form and group dynamics
- Create a team charter to develop your own high performing team
- Understand how to adapt your leadership style to be effective in different situations.
- Communicate effectively with your team so that all team members contribute to the team’s goals
- Deliver team meetings and discussions that are participative and positive