Delegation is one of the most important management skills and can be mastered by applying some logical rules and techniques. It’s actually a two way process, so an understanding of what is needed to execute this skill properly is facilitated best when understood by both delegators and delegates, particularly when applied to a new responsibility.
Good delegation saves you time, develops your people, grooms a successor and motivates. Poor delegation will cause you frustration, demotivates and confuses the other person and fails to achieve the task or purpose itself.
A management skill worth developing and improving, this course deals with general delegation principles and process, applicable to individuals and teams, or to specially formed groups of people for individual projects.
Duration – 1 day
- Introduction to delegation
- Why delegate?
- What does delegation mean?
- When shouldn’t you delegate and why?
- The pros and cons of delegation
- The difference between delegation and ‘dumping’
- What happens when delegation goes wrong
- Practical approaches to delegation at work
- Delegating tasks to your team – a planned approach